Monday, December 21, 2009

Creativity - MUN

Living in a society as we do and studying at OSC taught me that social awareness is critical for us to give back to society. MUN developed this awareness within me. This semester we were briefed about the language of resolutions and writing process of resolutions from our MUN delegate manuals. We also spent a lesson where we were instructed about the structure of MUN and the manner in which we need to conduct ourselves during the conference. MUN taught me to work collaboratively with other delegates. It also focuses on the conduct of the delegates which I believe is relevant for my persoanl development. It is a life lesson that is of immense importance while working in formal environments.

As a practice resolution for MUN conference, we were asked to write a resolution regarding GM foods for our respective countries. I was the representing delegate for Thailand and a co-submitting nation for the resolution against the distribution of GM foods. We could not complete our resolution due to transformer explosion outside school and the work that was done thus far was lost.

Basically, not much has been accomplished in MUN so far, this semester. It is rather unfortunate that we have not had a single successful practice debate yet. We have not been assigned our countries for the official conference either. Having been a part of MUN last year, I know the kind of work that needs to be done in the first semester. To be honest, this elective has been disappointing so far due to lack of accomplishment, in spite investing my time in it. It lacks the challenge that I was looking forward to and the process is too monotonous.

No comments:

Post a Comment