Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Action - Gym and Golf

Gym - Below is my excercise routine for the next six weeks and I aim to lose 5 kg over the next three months. I understand the difficulty of losing weight in spite of working out, as the body tends to get used to the exercise pattern and hits a plateau in the process. Therefore, perseverance will be the key to my success. Exercise and weight loss are important to stay fit both physically and mentally. That is why, even on my busiest day, I try to work out for atleast 30 minutes and there are other days, where I spend about an hour and a half in the gym with my trainer.

Golf - In golf, I am continuing to play in the driving range and on the greens, at least twice a week. My coach accompanies me on the greens, in order to help me refine my driving and putting skills. One of my weakest areas thus far is my skill in using sand wedge. It will be atleast another 4 months before I can apply for a handicap. Right now, my goal is to continue focussing on my swing, in order to improve the distance and direction of my ball. It is a challenging process but I am enjoying golf tremendously because it is contributing to my personal growth. This game has taught me discipline, improved my analytical skills in terms of using the right amount of arm power while using the right club to drive the ball the ball in the right direction and distance. I am really looking forward for my X-mas holidays to play more golf as I cannot wait to get my Handi cap to start playing the game with other golfers. I do plan to play atleast five times a week during my Christmas break as I am not travelling out of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment