Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Habitat for Humanity

The primary movie night organized by us last week was a successful event. We planned the event and worked collaboratively to make the night a success. We raised LKR 26,870 and a total of 90 children attended the event.

My personal contribution for the event was to set up the Primary Multi Purpose Room and prepare the popcorn for the event but I was not present at the actual event. This was our major event for this semester and its success was satisfying, indeed.

However, we are planning to have another movie night for the seniors only, as a Valentine's day celebration but the entrance charge will be two pieces of old clothing such as a shirt and a pair of shorts or likewise. We do plan to sell drinks and snacks at a price to add to the funds.

I am satisfied with my contribution for the service as I was there during every stage of planning the event in order to raise the funds. I feel that my overall effort towards the community service, Habitat for Humanity was consistently good during this semester but I may be leaving Habitat for Humanity at the end of this semister as I am initiating a service project for children born with cleft lip and palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment